Do you want to have fun, get into shape, and meet new friends? Everyone who has played a sport as an amateur or professional would vouch for the many positive impacts or rather benefits you can enjoy. Basketball is not only a very popular game in the US but worldwide, and there are many reasons for this. Read on to find out why you will benefit greatly from playing basketball.
General positive Health impacts
- Burns a good amount of calories in just an hour of playing
- Enhances coordination
- Improves concentration and self-discipline
- Builds muscles, stamina, and endurance
- A good aerobic workout
- Can be played by both young and old at all levels.
- Teaches how to be a good team player.
- Can be played just for fun and as a good introduction to playing sports by kids of all ages and levels and generally is a good exercise for kids.
Up until the age of 12, kids should be encouraged to play basketball only as a fun game while running, throwing and catching the ball or a similar object. Basketball can also be played by adults just for laughter, exercise, and a bit of team spirit, of course. It is an excellent way to learn social skills for everyone, make new friends while you see your team members regularly during practices and games.
The game can be played alone with only basketball, as goals are readily available in most parks and recreation areas where you can shoot baskets by yourself, or with as few as two people if the normal number of ten players is not available. If you are looking for the best basketball,
There are many opportunities to join amateur leagues if you want to get involved in a local competition. This is an excellent way to spice up a boring exercise routine, and a great motivational factor to get in top physical shape for an important upcoming game. It is also an easy way to make new social contacts.
Therefore, the mentioned positive impacts can be enjoyed if you take into account a few factors:
- Get fit to be in shape and enjoy the game to your maximum.
- Do warm-up exercises before and after play.
- Drink plenty of fluids regularly.
- Get all the equipment needed for the game; correct size and height goals and basketballs for kids or adults; sports shoes with good ankle support, as well as protective gear like mouth guards and knee and elbow pads in case of vigorous play.
- Learn the rules of the game and scoring system to avoid confusion and differences with rival teams.