A good night’s sleep is dependent on a variety of factors. Some of which we are aware of but can’t-do much about others. Sleep is intended to help us recharge our batteries for more efficiency when we wake up. This is not possible if we take our sleep schedules lightly. We are made for a lot more than all work and no sleep at all. For this reason, a revolutionary way of enhancing sleep has finally come to our attention. None of us saw it coming, but it’s finally here for our benefit. We can’t help but marvel at this discovery. The excitement doesn’t stop here; it goes on for as long as we want it to. This timely article will see to it that we get equal chances at a good night’s sleep.
Factors determining the quality of our sleep
As we’ve seen earlier, our sleep is defined by a host of factors. Some of them include;
1. Our diet: The healthier the diet, the heavier the sleep. Also, we should watch the times at which we have our meals. Since the digestion period is said to last four hours, we should check on this as well.
2. Our bedding: This ranges from the pillows, duvets, bed sheets and of course, the mattresses. Our sleep will not be as cozy if these items are not given the attention they deserve. It’s a sensitive issue, but we shall have a deeper look.
3. Our daily routine: If it includes standing for long hours or heavy lifting, our sleep should be maximized. Each of these duties will need us to part with our very best. This won’t be possible if we don’t recharge our batteries.
Role of your bed to a good night’s sleep
This has long been a point of focus, but some of us need more training. According to The Sleep Advisor, choosing the best mattress, bed sheets, and pillows is all what is a required for a comfortable night’s sleep. Take into consideration your sleeping posture and habits when choosing the best beddings. Here’s a brief description of what is required for each;
- Mattress. A good mattress must be firm. This is a feature that will favor your back. It will avoid waking up with a sore back or neck.
- Bed sheets. These are better off when they are 100% cotton. This will allow for the absorption of sweat in the middle of the night. Most people lose their appetite for sleep due to intense sweating.
- Pillows. By now, we are aware that heavy pillows are not ideal for our necks. Good pillows must be lightweight for the good of the neck as well as the back. A heavy one will only strain our necks. Sites like The Sleep Advisor will advise more on this bedding item.
The price we should pay
Our time and effort are simply the investments we need to put into a good night’s sleep. We will only look forward to it when we have put in what we should.
It’s a hefty price considering sometimes we are not up to it. Our bedding needs all the care and maintenance we can afford. This includes spreading them out in the sun for freshness. This has to be done every once in a while.